Rss Feed
  1. Seven Deadly Sins: Day Four - Wrath

    Tuesday 16 February 2010

    I'm breathing deeply in for the count of eight. Hold and release to the count of eight.

    I am a temple of calm. I am a leaf on the wind.
    Oh who am I kidding? No-one, that's who. Now, I'll be straight up with you - I get frustrated a lot. I get mad. I get wound up. But it's a rare few people who have ever seen me be full-on, red capital letters ANGRY. And it's a cliché I know, but you wouldn't like me when I'm angry. I'm not fun. 

    But what the rage does sometimes give you, if you channel it right, is passion. It does for me. I don't like injustice. I don't like seeing people beaten down or treated badly. So seeing injustice on both a personal scale, such as with my friends, or on a larger scale, really makes me wish there was more I could do.

    I have a bit of a not-so-well-hidden love for Wonder Woman. I don't know why really, since I've never read the comics, or particularly watched the old TV show. But trust me there are days that I wish I was Wonder Woman. I could help right the injustices that make me so mad. 

    I'd get Sam over at Talking Blood Glucose her pump. I'd sort out all the Type 2's I'm friends with with their test strip problems. I'd get CGMs for the people that need them. Then I'd go global and put the world to rights. Because I just can't take seeing people hurting.

    So now I think it's only fair to talk quickly about something that made me so mad that I just had to do something about it. 

    I've become fairly heavily involved with a project called DiDkA, which stands for Diet Drink Awareness. You'll probably hear a lot about it on here from now on. It started out because some of us over at Diabetes Support got very, very angry about stories of people being served full sugar drinks when we've asked for diet, and seeing our blood sugars soar. So we've decided to try and recruit people to our cause. So I'm asking you, dear reader to get behind us. Join us on FaceBook, follow us on Twitter, and bookmark our website. It's all going live hopefully by the start of March, where we're approaching Diabetes UK, starting an information-gathering campaign and hoping to convert anywhere that sells soft drinks, by signing them up to the DiDkA pledge. Right now, we need your numbers. We're also going to need your stories. We need people to stand up and say 'This is what happened to me! This is dangerous, please listen!' Will you stand up with us?

    I'm standing up. I'm getting political. Because I'm angry.

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment