Rss Feed
  1. You can do it (If you B&Q it)

    Thursday 4 March 2010

    This is not a nice picture of me. But I figured it would be a good start to my attempt at Diabetes 365. I haven't made an account yet, but I figure I can start with my camera phone, and move on to a DSLR eventually.
    ***************

    But anyway, here's the story behind this one. I went up to B&Q today to buy a storage crate for merchandise at work. I was sure I could get there and back in an hour, in time for 12:30, to have my lunch. I was happy enough with my levels before we left, and with twelve complete hypo-free days behind me, I was fairly confident that I was going to complete day thirteen. Plus it would be ironic in a cliché-ridden way for the streak to end on day thirteen. 

    However, it was there by the power-tools (see over my left shoulder) that my good run ended, in a collapsing jenga-tower-esque fashion. So there I sat in the B&Q cafe, eating my Glucotabs and sandwich, all the while wondering why on earth B&Q had a cafe in the first place. I was intrigued by a sign behind the counter, which said that outside food was not permitted, but 'exceptions would be made in cases of children with medical conditions'. 

    Why just children with medical conditions?  Why would children be spending significant amounts of time in B&Q? Good to know that understand that sometimes people HAVE to eat, but do they think the children that would need to eat because of medical conditions won't grow up to adults who are going to need to as well? And that are more likely to be interested in lawnmowers/shelving/taps/drills?

    Well, it's an interesting thought, and a rather surreal experience, watching men walk by with probably my body's weight in timber on a flat cart. 

    A new game starts tomorrow.


  2. 1 comments:

    1. Courtney Allen said...

      Hi there Becky,

      I've been hunting around for an e-mail address on your blog, but couldn't manage to find one. I hope that you don't mind my using your comment field for this little proposition!

      I represent Bayer UK and we are in the process of launching Contour USB, a new blood glucose meter that is first of its kind with integrated USB and diabetes management software. I was wondering if you might be interested in receiving your own complimentary meter from us in exchange for a non-biased review giving your honest opinion of Contour USB. We'd love to hook you up, and you can contact me at courtney.allen@mslworldwide.com for more information/a press release. ...Or just to pass on your mailing address!

      Hope to chat to you soon.

      Best,
      Courtney

    Post a Comment