Rss Feed
  1. The Devil in Disguise

    Thursday 6 May 2010

    Hypo symptoms are weird things. You don't want to lose them, because that's dangerous. On the other hand, you can sometimes confuse with them with signs of hypers. On top of that, I have been battling recently with normal levels, disguising themselves as hypos. I hate that.

    This afternoon is a classic example. Legs like lead, absolutely no dexterity, feeling like my head is full of cotton wool - but completely sound levels, of 4.8 and 5.2. Any other time of the day, I would be thrilled with those levels, so why did I feel so rubbish? 

    Whenever I've been feeling like this, it's not like I've dropped from an unusual high, and the feelings could be explained away by what I've come to term as a 'relative hypo'. I honestly don't understand.

    So being as I don't understand, I turn this over as a question to you in the DOC. Can anyone help me shed any light on this? I find it frustrating and bewildering, and advice would be most welcome.

  2. 2 comments:

    1. Anonymous said...

      That happens to me too! The only thing I can think of is maybe you were dropping quickly and then stabled out. When I was first diagnosed, I felt my first "low" at 200mg/dL (11 to you?). Because I was in the 400-500's so much, by the time I got to 200 I was sweating, shaking, crying.

      That's my take. I'm not sure if it right or not!

    2. Unknown said...

      Isn't this sort of thing confusing?! I don't know why it is like that.

    Post a Comment