Rss Feed
  1. - So how are you?
    - Oh, you know. I'm fine. How are you?

    Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes. I'm fine. And I do care about how they are. 

    But there's many a time that I'm not fine. 

    So why do I say I'm fine? 

    Because I want to spare you from the things that I worry about.
    Because I want to spare you from my fear.
    Because I don't want you to think that I'm moaning.
    Because I don't want you to think I'm weak. 
    Because I don't want you to pity me.
    Because any of those are possible, and I don't know what would be the worst. 
    Because I'm tired and the explanation of why I'm not would take too long.
    Because I don't want you to think that I did this to myself.
    Because I don't want you to think that I'm not trying.
    Because I don't want you to be disappointed in me.
    Because we just don't have time.
    Because sometimes I just can't say why I'm not.

    Just...because.

    But it's not because I don't think you can handle this.
    But it's not because I don't want to share with you.
    But it's not because I don't trust you.
    But it's not because I don't appreciate you.
    But it's not because I don't love you.

    It's because I do. 

    Sometimes I know you can handle it, but I can't explain what's wrong. I want to share with you, but I don't want you to think I'm weak. I love you, and I can't bear to disappoint you.

    So I suppose the most honest answer is - no, I'm not fine. But I'm trying to be.

    And having talked about negatives all week, I'm looking forward to focussing on the positives more tomorrow!

  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment